An opportunity to save lives and give a meaning to your career.
Be excited and passionate by the technical challenge.
Protect our environment.
After several years of R&D and market development (and it takes always more time than expected, especially in B2B area!), Intellinium is now ready to mass produce its solution, in particular the add-on attached to any safety or hiking shoes. Thanks to its first industrial customers, Intellinium has developed a strong know-how and technical & functional expertise based on a common software/hardware platform. As we are getting new customers on-board and following end-users feedback on our version 2, we need to strengthen our R&D team to accelerate our growth, release version 3 (expected Q1 2019) and increase our technical presence on the market.
Job Title Opportunity
- Work closely with design engineering to proactively influence designs for better manufacturability; ensuring new products are designed for manufacturability & assembly
- Work with engineering to reduce part costs across products. Analyze assembly parts & steps to determine assembly cost during design
- Oversee initial product builds (engineering units, pilot units, demos, process validation units) & coordinate a smooth transfer of new products into production
- Participate in design reviews & rate productivity for manufacturing. Recommend design changes based on production quality data
- Apply DFMA methods for parts & assemblies
- Research improvements in the industry to identify better assembly solutions to continuously improve designs (i.e. wiring harness terminations, fastener solutions, etc.)
- Identify new manufacturing processes, tooling or technology
- Assures product & process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product & process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Run DFMA workshops with cross-functional teams to generate product cost reduction ideas & support resp. functions to build implementation plans
- Assist with capital investment associated with ensuring that there are capable processes
- Develop systems, processes, & methods to meet manufacturing requirements ensuring lowest cost & highest quality.
- Create & maintain standard work for processes & standard cycle times.
- Maintain product family matrix & support cell layout based on the matrix.
- Maintain BOM configuration, implementation of Engineering change, review detail & assembly designs for productability, liaise with an internal & external supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering & industrialization or design
- Working knowledge of new product introduction, manufacturing processes, design for manufacturability, design for assembly -- principles of DFMA is required
- Previous PCBA and/or Wearables Manufacturing Process experience in an ISO certified facility is highly desired
- 2 + years of experience in quality, manufacturing, product design or related area is required
- Effective use of SolidWorks or equivalent CAD program
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing a highly desired
- Strong capability is the bridge between product development & manufacturing
- Flexibility to travel around 25% of the time.
- Must be a team player. Excellent verbal & written communications skills are a must.
- Strong coaching skills to provide training & development for the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others & achieve results.
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills; statistically literate, problem-solving ability & familiar with Lean Six-Sigma quality concepts & tools.
- Demonstrated commitment to product & process improvement.
- Ethics, Trust, Confidentiality
About the company
- Founded in 2009, Intellinium designs & manufactures & builds & sells & operates smart & connected PPE (personal protective solutions) for (lone) workers based on smart Personal Protective Equipment. The goal is to protect and save workers’ lives while saving cost to employers. Our overall mission is to protect industrial asset.
- We focus on 5 verticals: construction, mining, manufacturing, utilities/facilities and oil & gas.
- We are also developing solutions for connected machines and infrastructures.
- We are located in Aix-en-Provence and have a presence in Munich. We plan to have an office soon in Montreal.
Ready to be part of a great societal challenge and build the IIoT & Edge Computing future ?
Avenue Louis Philibert, Bât. Laennec Hall A
13857 Aix-en-Provence Cedex 3 (France)