Smart Cities European Cluster “Energy in Water”
Our case study ‘Autonomous nano-servers to monitor water transportation and/or quality‘ has been choosen for the “Energy In Water” newsletter (sept 2016).
See the article on Energy in Water website.
We believe that edge & nano-servers computing will be a key technology for the future roll-out of industrial and smart city solutions, in particular in relation with utilities market such as market and water.
- Ability to handle its proper local network and to harvest energy in case of blackout due to terrorist attack or natural disaster
- Privacy and Security
- A mix of power optimisation as well as high-level applicative stacks that allow rich app ecosystem
- Remote Maintenance and Evolution (firmware update)
- Local analytics and decision-making (especially critical when the devices can/must save lives at a local level without connection with a remote server)
- Bandwidth optimisations – make sure that only what is necessary goes to the Internet
Leave a Comment